High School Leaders
As a High School Leader for Outdoor Lab, students help teach sixth-graders about ecosystems, archery, sustainability, and site history in an awe-inspiring outdoor classroom. High School Leaders also serve as role models throughout the week while they assist sixth-grade students as they're learning about themselves and their fellow human beings. High School Leaders are emotionally mature, use good judgment, and demonstrate a respect for children and learning.
Each school year, over 900 high school students from across Jeffco volunteer their time as High School Leaders! Are you interested in being a Leader?
What You'll Get...
- Free Outdoor Lab hoodie
- 85+ hours of community service or 0.5 elective credit
- Leadership skills and teaching experience
- Free food and lodging in the mountains for a week
- Scholarship eligibility (Seniors Only)
Looking for Students Who...
- Are Seniors, Juniors or 2nd semester Sophomores
- Have good attendance and behavior records
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or better (This may vary among high schools. Exceptions must be approved by your Counselor.)
Ready to apply? Click on your school below to access the application.