High School Leaders
As a High School Leader for Outdoor Lab, students help teach sixth-graders about ecosystems, archery, sustainability, and site history in an awe-inspiring outdoor classroom. High School Leaders also serve as role models throughout the week while they assist sixth grade students as they're learning about themselves and their fellow human beings. High School Leaders are emotionally mature, use good judgment, and demonstrate a respect for children and learning.
Each school year, over 900 high school students from across Jeffco volunteer their time as High School Leaders! Are you interested in being a Leader?
What You'll Get...
- Free Outdoor Lab hoodie
- 85+ hours of community service or 0.5 elective credit
- Leadership skills and teaching experience
- Free food and lodging in the mountains for a week
- Scholarship eligibility (Seniors Only)
Looking for Students Who...
- Are Seniors, Juniors or 2nd semester Sophomores
- Have good attendance and behavior records
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or better (This may vary among high schools. Exceptions must be approved by your Counselor.)
Ready to apply? Click on your school below to access the application.