Become an Outdoor Lab Intern
Interns are vital to the success of the Outdoor Lab Program. Whether you are based at Windy Peak or Mount Evans, you will spend one full semester on campus leading classes in the field, supervising High School Leaders, and working alongside teachers and site staff to prepare the campuses for inspirational and impactful outdoor experiences.
You will gain practical experience in teamwork, leadership, and communication. It’s a powerful opportunity to learn and develop work skills in the fields of outdoor leadership, environmental education, and youth development. Want to work seasonally as a guide or a camp counselor? An internship with Outdoor Lab is a great springboard to those jobs!
As an Intern, you work as part of a team to help students learn about mountain ecology, Leave No Trace, site history, archery, and astronomy. You will instill critical life skills in thousands of 6th graders who visit from all points in Jeffco.
The Outdoor Lab Site Staff at Windy Peak and Mount Evans are looking for Interns year-round (for the upcoming semesters). Please keep in mind that decisions are made by the end of the previous semester for which you are applying.
- $1,000 stipend
- 3 college credits through Red Rocks Community College’s Education Program
- Room and board while on campus during the work week
- Inspirational mountain landscape to commune with nature
- Great friendships and professional connections
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
- Sign In to access your account -OR- if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Once an application has been received, Outdoor Lab Site Staff will contact you for an interview.